Please enter search criteria
Student Textbook Buyback for Spring 2020
Check us out for the most CASH back, sell your textbooks for CASH April 20 - May 9 (extended one week)
Look for the 3 Campus Store buyback locations around Campus and in the valley to sell your used textbooks
for up to 50%. All textbooks are considered for buyback for a minimum of $2, we'll buy back 1000's of books.
Retail Buyback Dates & Hours
|U Campus Store||April 20 - May 9 (extended one week)
||Regular Store Hours|
|Health Sciences Store||April 20 -May 9 (extended one week)
||Regular Store Hours|
Satellite Campuses and Other Locations
|Sandy One Campus Store||April 20 - May 9 (extended one week)
||Regular Store Hours
10011 Centennial Parkway, Suite 150
Cash for Books Details
- We will check the buyback price of all your textbooks, even books from past semesters.
- Limit 1 copy per title per student.
- Current valid Ucard required for ALL buyback transactions.
- Books must be in good condition based on our assessment.
- No damaged books, such as books with missing or torn pages or covers, books with stains or water damage or books with broken bindings.
- International editions, instructor's annotated or review copies, library copies, digital versions, loose leaf (binder-ready) editions, and customer editions for universities others than The University of Utah are not eligible.
- Also excluded are:
- Class notes or course packs
- Components or part of sets, such as CD's or access codes
- Workbooks, study guides and solution manuals
- Non-required study aids such as Barcharts, 501 Verb Title and Dictionaries
- Any supply items, such as lab goggles.
- $2 Guarantee only applies during end-of-semester promotion
- The University of Utah Campus Store reserves the right to determine which items qualify for buyback.
- The Campus Store makes every effort to get you the highest possible price for your used books.
- Textbook buyback operates on a first-come, first serve basis so bring your books back early to get the best price.
What can I do to help keep textbook prices low and get the most CASH back for my books?
- Ask your professor if you REALLY need the newest edition. Reusing older editions means more cheap used textbooks for you and your classmates.
- Ask your professor if they have submitted their "Textbook Adoptions." We rely heavily on the timely submission of required and recommended textbook information from your faculty member to order more used textbook on time and avoid any unnecessary rush shipping or other fees associated with last-minutes orders
- Buy and sell your textbooks ON CAMPUS. When you buy and sell your books on campus, your helping reduce the costs of your textbooks the following semester-just like the class in front of you helped you by selling their book on campus. Buy your textbooks in store and online at CampusStore.utah.edu.
- Shop for your textbooks early online at CampusStore.utah.edu. Shopping early gives you a better chance of getting USED and RENTAL versions of your textbooks which can save you up to 60%.
- Sell your textbooks back as early as possible. The quantity of titles being bought back by the Campus Store is limited and can be reached at any time.
What Influences the resale value of my books?
- If the instructor has notified the Campus Store that the textbook will be reused and the store need additional copies. In this case you receive up to 50% of the new value for the books, but we only buyback the quantity necessary to meet the demands of that instructors class next semester.
- The instructor has decided NOT to use the book again or has not submitted "Textbook Adoptions" indicating that the book will be reused. In this case we are unable to buy any copies for the store.
- The Campus Store has already purchased a sufficient quantity to meet the projected need for next semester.
- If the books are not being used by the University of Utah (or we have reached our limit), we may buyback books for resale at other colleges in the United States and Canada. This is determined by a wholesaler and national demands.
- The textbook has been published in an updated version; the current version is obsolete at the time of buyback. One this happens the book has little to no value to bookstores across the nation.
- The condition of your book. Books that have missing or damaged pages, excessive highlighting or notes, water damage, or are excessively soiled may not be bought back.