Frequently Asked Questions
Grad Fair is a special event held on the 2nd floor of the Campus Store where all cap & gowns or graduation regalia will be available in-store for purchase. Before Grad Fair, all regalia must be ordered online. After Grad Fair, regalia is available online or by talking to a sales associate, while supplies last.
Grad Fair 2023 will take place on the following dates:
Thursday, March 30 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday, March 31 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday, April 1 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Main floor of the Campus Store - across the Starbucks & Customer Service
There are two options for acquiring regalia:
- Pre-ordering online on our Campus Store website campusstore.utah.edu. Pre-orders open March 1, 2023 and will run up to Grad Fair. All pre-orders will be available for pick up or will be shipped out the week of Grad Fair.
- Come to Grad Fair! All regalia will be available in-store for purchase. There will also be vendors tabling other graduation focused products.
Regalia will be available online at a same price while supplies last. Product availability is no longer guaranteed
- Pre-orders will start March 1st.
- We will process your order when the product arrives, however, orders will be available for pick up at Campus Store starting Thursday, March 30 during grad fair.
- We will begin shipping orders Monday, March 27.
No. All student graduation regalia is a purchase and is not returned after graduation ceremonies. Only faculty regalia is available for rent. All bachelor’s, master’s and PhD/Doctorate regalia is for sale only. There are no returns on these products (including diploma frames). ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Gowns are sized based on height and weight. Every gown size is based on 2-inch increments starting at 4’10-5’00. For example, if someone is 5’11, they would need a 5’10-6’00 sized gown.
Faculty regalia is available online on our Campus Store website campusstore.utah.edu. Faculty wishing to purchase fine quality regalia should contact Abby Hirshberg at (801) 581-4733 or email [email protected]
For Faculty members who rented regalia, please return regalia to your department.
- Bachelor’s package without stole: Bachelor’s gown, cap, college color tassel.
- Bachelor’s package with stole: Bachelor’s gown, cap, college color tassel, stole of gratitude.
- Master’s package without stole: Master’s gown, cap, college color tassel, master’s hood.
- Master’s package with stole: Master’s gown, cap, college color tassel, master’s hood, stole of gratitude.
- PhD/Doctorate package without stole: PhD/doctorate gown, tam* or cap, college color or PhD tassel, Phd/doctorate hood
- PhD/Doctorate package with stole: PhD/doctorate gown, tam* or cap, college color or PhD tassel, Phd/doctorate hood, stole of gratitude
*The tam is higher quality than a regular cap & has a higher retail price.
Additional tassels can be added to your order. Find the tassel to match your college under the individual items tab.
The stole of gratitude is a red sash worn by graduates. This is not a mandatory piece of garb nor holds any academic significance. Traditionally it is a gift which the graduate wears through the ceremony. Then afterwards it’s given to someone who played a pivotal role in this phase of their academic career. An optional piece, but it dresses up the cap & gown ensemble nicely.
In addition to picking up regalia that you have pre-ordered OR purchasing your cap and gown at that time, there are a number of vendors that will be in attendance at Grad Fair this year. We will have professional photography available, as well as exclusive deals on announcement packages and commemorative jewelry.
The photographer will be available all three days of Grad Fair (regular store hours). There are no appointments; it is first come, first served.
Here is a link to the company’s website.http://difrancophoto.com/gradfest