What is Grad Fair and when is it?
Grad Fair is a special event held on the 2nd floor of the Campus Store where all cap & gowns or graduation regalia will be available in-store for purchase. Before Grad Fair, all regalia must be ordered online. After Grad Fair, regalia is available online or by talking to a sales associate, while supplies last.
Grad Fair 2022 will take place Thursday, March 24, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm - Friday, March 25, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday, March 26, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. It will be located on the second floor of the Campus Store.
How do I purchase my cap & gown or my graduation regalia?
There are two options for acquiring regalia:
- Preordering online on our Campus Store website campusstore.utah.edu. Preorders open March 1, 2022 and will run up to Grad Fair. All preorders will be available for pick up or will be shipped out the week of Grad Fair.
- Come to Grad Fair! All regalia will be available in-store for purchase. There will also be vendors tabling other graduation focused products.
What if I missed Grad Fair?
Regalia will be available online while supplies last. However, after Grad Fair pricing increases and product availability is no longer guaranteed
When will graduation regalia packages be available online for purchase?
- Pre-orders will start March 1st. We will process your order when the product arrives, however, orders will be available for pick up starting Thursday, March 24 during grad fair.
- We will begin shipping orders Monday, March 21. Orders will be available for pick up at Campus Store beginning Thursday, March 24.
* NOT all order will be available on that day. Subject to order processing*
Can I rent my cap and gown?
No. All student graduation regalia is a purchase and is not returned after graduation ceremonies. Only faculty regalia is available for rent. All bachelor’s, master’s and PhD/Doctorate regalia is for sale only. There are no returns on these products (including diploma frames). ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
How can faculty order regalia?
Faculty regalia is available online on our Campus Store website campusstore.utah.edu. Faculty wishing to purchase fine quality regalia should contact Abby Hirshberg at (801) 581-4733 or email [email protected]
Where do Faculty members return rented regalia?
For Faculty members who rented regalia, please return regalia to your department.
What is included in the regalia packages?
- Bachelor’s package without stole: Bachelor’s gown, cap, college color tassel.
- Bachelor’s package with stole: Bachelor’s gown, cap, college color tassel, stole of gratitude.
- Master’s package without stole: Master’s gown, cap, college color tassel, master’s hood.
- Master’s package with stole: Master’s gown, cap, college color tassel, master’s hood, stole of gratitude.
- PhD/Doctorate package without stole: PhD/doctorate gown, tam* or cap, college color or PhD tassel, Phd/doctorate hood
- PhD/Doctorate package with stole: PhD/doctorate gown, tam* or cap, college color or PhD tassel, Phd/doctorate hood, stole of gratitude
*The tam is higher quality than a regular cap & has a higher retail price.
How are gowns sized?
Gowns are sized based on height and weight. Every gown size is based on 2-inch increments starting at 4’10-5’00. For example, if someone is 5’11, they would need a 5’10-6’00 sized gown.
I have a double major or dual degree. How do I get a tassel for both of my colleges?
Additional tassels can be added to your order. Find the tassel to match your college under the individual items tab.
What is the Stole of Gratitude?
The stole of gratitude is a red sash worn by graduates. This is not a mandatory piece of garb nor holds any academic significance. Traditionally it is a gift which the graduate wears through the ceremony. Then afterwards it’s given to someone who played a pivotal role in this phase of their academic career. An optional piece, but it dresses up the cap & gown ensemble nicely.
I chose to have my regalia shipped to me. Why should I still attend Grad Fair?
In addition to picking up regalia that you have pre-ordered OR purchasing your cap and gown at that time, there are a number of vendors that will be in attendance at Grad Fair this year. We will have professional photography available, as well as exclusive deals on announcement packages and commemorative jewelry.